Ingrid Bergman, one of the biggest superstars of Hollywood, was quite vocal about her thoughts, her career and her personal life. We have chosen Top 10 quotes of hers.
Do let know whether you empathize with these and which is your favourite one.
1. The best way to keep young is to keep going in whatever it is that keeps you going. With me that’s work, and a lot of it. And when a job is finished, relax and have fun.
2. “I’ve gone from saint to whore and back to saint again, all in one lifetime” she said once.
3. Keep it simple. Make a blank face and the music and the story will fill it in. [to daughter Isabella Rossellini, on acting]
4. Until 45 I can play a woman in love. After 55 I can play grandmothers. But between those ten years, it is difficult for an actress.
5. I don’t regret a thing I’ve done. I only regret the things I didn’t do.
6. I was the shyest human ever invented, but I had a lion inside me that wouldn’t shut up.
7. Be yourself. The world worships the original.
8. It is not whether you really cry. It’s whether the audience thinks you are crying.
9. I can do everything with ease on the stage, whereas in real life I feel too big and clumsy. So, I didn’t choose acting; acting chose me.
10. I have had my different husbands, my families. I am fond of them all and I visit them all. But deep inside me there is the feeling that I belong to show business.”